The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch - Comprehensive removal instruction
Do you know how to install and use The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch on your computer? It seems like quite easy for you, right? But when it turns to uninstall this program on the computer, many people might have no idea about it, or always cannot get a complete removal for this application on their computers. According to the most common questions many people posting online, it has become a common issue to remove The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch from the computer. So now, it is time to learn something about how to get rid of this program effectively.
Information of The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch
|File name||The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch|
How to Remove The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch
To learn how to troubleshoot a relevant problem, you can quickly reach the specific tutorials by clicking the following links. Simply leave comments if any communication is needed.
- How to Remove The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch with default uninstaller.
- How to locate and remove program leftovers.
- Better way to safely and thoroughly remove The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch - automatic solution.
- How to recovery browser settings changed by The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch installation.
- How to deal with The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch virus infection.
- Clean up Windows registry to maintain stable.
Remove The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch - Default Uninstaller
Normally after you installed a program on your computer, a default uninstall option is put in the Start menu, where you can access and start the removal. You can also activate the removal in Control Panel, and the rest of the uninstall process will be the same. But specific steps are a little bit different depending on which operating system you're using, as you can see in the following contents:
Situations in Windows 10
- Right-click on the Windows button at the bottom left corner
- Select Programs and Features
- Find and select The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch from the list, and click on Uninstall button
- The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch removing process will be activated, and you should restart your computer when the removal is completed
Browse the list of current installed programs and locate Tor Browser Bundle.
Right click on it and you'll see an Uninstall option, click it.
Now the default uninstaller of Tor Browser Bundle should be activated, follow the given instruction to proceed with the un-installation
After you done with the removal, restart the computer
Situation in Windows 8
- Move the mouse cursors to the bottom left of your screen to activate the sidebar.
- Click Search, type in 'Control' and the system will automatically search out the matched app including Control Panel.
- Click to open Control Panel, click the link of Uninstall a program.
- Browse the list of current installed programs and locate The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch.
- Right click on it and you'll see an Uninstall option, click it.
- Now the default uninstaller of The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch should be activated, follow the given instruction to proceed with the un-installation
- After you done with the removal, restart the computer
Situation in Windows 7
- Click the Windows button at the left left bottom of your screen.
- In the pull-up menu, you'll find the option of Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel and go on click the Uninstall a program link.
- Find out where The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch is locate, right click on it and select Uninstall.
- Once you activate the default uninstaller, things is pretty much the same as the situation in Win 8. Just follow the wizard to complete the removal.
- Reboot the system once you finish the operation.
Situation in Windows XP
- Click Start button, move the mouse cursors to the Settings, in the appeared menu you'll find the Control Panel option.
- Open it and it would look like this. (If what you see looks different to the below screen shot, you are no doubt in the Classic view, simply click the link of "Switch to Classic view" in the upper left of the window.)
- Click Add/Remove program in the Control Panel window.
- Add/Remove program shares the same function as 'Uninstall a program' in Windows 7 & 8. Locate The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch in the list, click the Remove button on its right side.
- Just like what was mentioned above, the uninstall wizard will guide you to uninstall The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch.
- Don't forget to restart the computer after the removal.
Beside the above mentioned method , you can also bypass the Control Panel, get access to The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch build-in uninstaller directly through its program icon.
- First locate The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch icon on your desktop (If the icon cannot be found, the following procedure cannot be applied)
- Right click on the icon of The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch, select Properties in the appeared menu.
- Click 'Open file location' in the Properties window, and it will lead you right to the installation folder of The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch.
- Browser the installation folder carefully, normally you can find the default uninstaller of The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch in it.
- Double click to launch the uninstaller, the rest steps are exactly the same as things in Control Panel.
Locate and Delete Leftovers of the Program
During a program's installation, related entries are automatically written on the Windows Registry (What is it?), being stored on C: drive. And during the default uninstall, only a few programs will ask whether to delete the registry entries, while most of them won't. Imagine how many entries will be left behind if you skip this cleaning job of every program. They could also get corrupted if you just dragged the program folder to the Recycle Bin, because you didn't even perform the removal steps in a correct order. Useless entries and junks accumulate this way day by day, slowing down the performance of your computer. Although the registry cleaning is an optional step, you're suggested doing it for best results.
Leftover files & folders
- Open File Explorer from the task bar
- Type in the name of The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch in the search area, you may refer to below screen shot.
- After you finish typing the program name, the Explorer would start the search automatically for any matched item including temporary files and setup files.
- Go through what you found carefully, and delete all The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch - related files/folders.
- Remember to empty the Recycle Bin as those files were just deleted temporarily, they still physically exist in your computer hard drive.
Leftover registry entries & keys
- Move your mouse to the bottom right corner of your screen to activate the sidebar, click Search.（Or you can press Windows key + S key on the keyboard together）
- Type in "regedit" in the Search box, click this icon that appeared under. (Note: Registry Editor can only be opened under administrator privilege)
Since the entries won't be restored after you delete it, and the incorrect actions could cause the malfunction of other programs, before doing so, you can choose to back up the important case first in case of any mistakes: In the Registry Editor window, right click the key you want to back up, and select "Export". Then choose your preferred location, type a name for the backup data, and click "Save". Now feel free to take the following steps:
- Click File, select Export in the pull-down menu.
- Choose a location for saving this backup file, set a name for the backup file.
- Click "All" in Export range section, then click Save and a registry backup file will be created and placed to the location you chose. Now you are ready to carry on the leftover deletion.
- Browse the left side registry branch tree (browsing the registry is pretty much the same as using Windows File Explorer ), you need to check two locations including "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE"
- Inside these two mentioned location, find out any folder related to The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch (such folders might partially share the same name with The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch ) , right click on the related folders to delete them all.
- After you done with the deletion, reboot your computer to allow changes inside the registry take effect.
Note: If you did delete something that is not supposed to be gone, restore it from the backup data:
- Visit the location you saved the data, right-click it and select "Merge". (If you're asked for an administrator password or confirmation, input the password to proceed.)
- Click "File" on the menu bar, and select "Import".
- Navigate to the location you saved the backup .reg file, select it, and click "Save".
- Then you will see the import progress window.
Need help to Remove The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch?
You might want to ask: is there an easier solution to completely remove The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch? The answer is positive - you can get help from a professional software uninstaller, with which you don't need to go through the regular removal steps, being worried the results if you didn't do it right. There are just a few steps to take:
Steps to Easily Remove The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch from Your Computer
- Download Total Uninstaller here and install it with ease.
- Launch the program, locate The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch in the program list, click Start Run Analysis.
- Click Complete uninstall after finishing the component analysis.
- Click Scan leftovers when you finish the previous removal steps.
- After all the leftovers been scanned out, click Delete leftovers.
Alright, you computer should now be free of everything related to The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch. You can visit the official site for more instructions and information about this cleaning tool.
Advantages - Remove The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch with A Safe Cleaning Tool
- Remove every components of The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch, no leftovers guarantee.
- Perform removal automatically and safely.
- Forcibly uninstall target program, bypass uninstall errors.
- Avoid tedious manual steps, save your time and energy.
The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch Changed My Browser Settings, How Can I Restore Them?
Quite a number of users also encounter this problem: after visiting a website or installing some freeware, they unexpectedly found The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch is on their computers, and your browser settings including the homepage and default search engine have been changed by The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch. In this case, other than removing The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch from Control Panel, you also need to undo the unwanted changes to restore its previous settings. Here are instructions to get rid of unexpected changes caused by The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch installation from different browsers:
Steps to restore FireFox
- Open FireFox, click the menu button () in the upper right of the browser, click Help.
- Click Troubleshooting Information in the appeared help menu.
- Click Refresh Firefox option at the right side of the page.
- Confirm the action by clicking the Refresh Firefox button again in the newly pop up dialog box.
- Now Firefox will start restoring all the browser settings and then turn off automatically by itself, click Finish when it is done.
Steps to restore Chrome
- Open Chrome, click Menu button (), click Settings.
- In the Settings page, click Show advanced settings at the end of it.
- Click Reset browser settings option at the bottom of the page.
- Click Reset button in the pop up dialog box.
Steps to restore Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer, in the upper right corner of the browser, find out the Gear button, click it, and then go to internet option in the pull down menu.
- Click Advanced tab in the pop-up Internet Option window, then click "Reset" button.
- In the "Reset Internet Explorer settings" window, don't forget to tick the option of "Delete personal settings", then click Reset button.
- Click Close after the reset is done, now restart your Internet Explorer.
How to Get Rid of The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch Infection
It is no surprise that your computer will be infected if The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch is bundled with malicious program that contains virus. Some users encounters The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch removal failure frequently no matter how they attempt, in some situations, virus infection is just the reason for the problem.
Whether Your Computer is Infected by Virus/Malware
Infected computers may share one or several of the below symptoms, here is a list is for your reference.
- Computer performance drops dramatically
- System froze up or crash frequently
- Ads keeps popping up while surfing the internet.
- You found strange/new program installed in your computer without permission automatically.
- It takes ages to open files or program on the computer.
- Computer startup becomes much slower than usual.
- You notice that the browser settings such as homepage, default search engine has been changed.
- You found certain files/folder got deleted or missing.
- Hard disk is accessing by itself but you are not aware of anything running.
Remove The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch with A Free Antivirus Software
You can perform a full scan with your antivirus software to make sure whether there is any virus on your computer. If you haven't installed any security program yet, try this for free and take the listed steps to start the detection:
- Download AVG 2015 from its official site.
- Make sure you have close all the related process, then double-click the file you downloaded, and follow the wizard to complete the installation
- After AVG 2015 is successfully installed, open it, you will see a red excalmatory mark on the possible infected sector. Hit the "Scan now" button.
- Wait for the scan to finish and resolve any threat found.
- Then you can try its "Fix performance" function to maintain your computer.
- When the analysis is complete, you can see the "Severity" shows like rainbows, on which it tells how serious the problem can be. Simply hit "Fix now" to resolve all the detected issues.
Always Keep the Good Performance of Your Computer System
Sometimes installing and uninstalling programs could cause registry disorder, since not every program is strictly designed to be user-friendly enough. So after you remove The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch from Control Panel, it would be better to clean out the entries in time. Considering you might not know how to do this, you can try to use a tool like CCleaner, which will automatically locate and delete the useless entries, saving a lot of troubles you might face during the cleaning. And next time when you need to do this again, it will also help.
After Removing The Sims 2 Nightlife v1.2 patch, Clean out Its Registry Entries
- Download and install CCleaner.
- Open it, in the Cleaner tab, click "Analyze".
- When the analysis is done, click "Run Cleaner".
- Then you're asked for confirmation to permanently delete files from your system, click "OK" to finish the job.
When you finished resolving all the problems, don't forget to regularly maintain your hard drive to keep its good performance. In fact, every time you add/remove a program or file, it could leave an empty space on your hard drive, which we call "Disk fragment". As more and more fragments are appearing on the hard drive, the performance of your computer will be negatively influenced and get slower day by day. Windows has a built-in defragmentation tool for users to repack the fragmentary spaces, though it might take some time to deal with all the data. Afterwards you will find much space are freed up and your computer works better than before. If you want a more effective solution to deal with disk fragment, you're suggested using Piriform Defragger, which is a free third-party defragmenter that would do the defragment job much faster than Microsoft's, and steps are as follows:
How to Defragment Your Hard Drive
- Download and install Piriform Defraggler.
- Depending upon the size of your hard drive, the whole process may take minutes or more to finish. Try to keep your machine free from other unnecessary tasks for better performance.
- Open the program, select the tab of the drive you want to defragment, and click "Analyze".
- When the analysis is done, click "Defrag".
- Then you can leave it there doing whatever you need to do, the defragmentation will automatically stop when it's complete.
Warm tips: A good defrag software is usually a good assistant for the computer users to optimize their computers' system and enhance the performance significantly, but there are still a lot of people don't realize the importance of such kind of optimize program, and do not have such a kind of program on the computer to prevent the disk errors.
Just followed your instructions here, and tried the tool----problems have been solved, and everything works fine. I want to extend my gratitudes for helping with getting back the normal performance of my PC and the full experience of using it. Not afraid of the same issue any more.- Robbie Clouser
Since I'm always sick of figuring out the regular steps to either clean out junks or fix errors, my computer has been a total mess for long. I was wondering if there is any shortcut to technically heal it, searching for a while, and finally found this one here. You may not know how despaired you can be when you're not able to get Your PC to work. I really appreciate it's easy-to-use functions.- Andrew Patrick
The situation has happened for a couple of times that you have gone through all the process considered to be effective, the stubborn program just won't go away. So glad that I discovered this valuable tool. I do hope it will work as fine as it does now, because my computer's future maintenance counts on it.- Greg Garfield
The reason I turned to this uninstaller was that I conducted the terribly wrong way to delete a program. I was not able to get rid of it by either directly uninstalling it or reinstalling it. I supposed using a software to help me with the cleaning was the only way, so I did it. Now all the problems are gone, and I'm truly satisfied with this uninstaller. Hope it has a bright future : )- Gracie Harrington